The Mucon Disc Valve is a radially pivoting isolation Swing Gate Valve suitable for applications involving temperature and pressure.
Unlike many conventional Slide Gate Valves, the Disc Valve does not jam or leak, due to its unique angled seat and floating disc arrangement. There are five bore sizes available with three main construction materials; aluminium, cast iron and stainless steel. Pneumatic versions are also available.
Customers have reported Disc Valves completing many thousands of operations before any attention is required. Born out of a valve specification which encompasses all the advantages found in slide and butterfly valves, but with none of the inherent disadvantages.
A radially pivoted arm supports a free floating disc. The arm allows the disc to swing in an arc towards an angled seating face. The angled face ensures the disc only makes contact at the last moment causing a mild wedging action.
- Three materials of construction including aluminium alloy, cast iron and stainless steel (stainless steel not available in 300mm bore)
- Flanges drilled to BS4504 PN10- PCD & No. of holes only, not hole size
The salient benefits of the Mucon Swing Gate Valve include;
- Non jamming action
- Full Bore discharge
- Able to cut through a static column of product
- 100% product shut-off
- Long life, low maintenance
- Easy replacement of Disc seal
- Dust tight
- The Swing Gate Valve has no slide guides to jam or collect product
- The shaft is the only item that passes through the body casting and is easily sealed using a proprietary seal assembly
- A dovetail groove in the seating face locates another proprietary seal ensuring a dust tight closure
- The Swing Gate Valve offers its users a range of bore sizes from 100mm to 300mm. The outlet of the Swing Gate valve is always larger than the inlet, ensuring there are no internal product hang-up points.
- In-situ seal wear adjustment
- Three Purge Points are built into the valve body for ease of cleaning